What is EUROlinkCAT?
- Congenital anomalies (CAs) are a major cause of infant mortality, childhood morbidity and long-term disability.
- Over 130,000 children born in Europe every year will have a CA; a third will have a congenital heart defect (CHD).
- EUROlinkCAT will use the existing EUROCAT infrastructure to support 21 registries in 13 European countries to link their congenital anomaly data to mortality, hospital discharge, prescription and educational databases
Aims of the Study
- EUROlinkCAT aims to investigate the health and educational outcomes of children with congenital anomalies for the first 10 years of their lives.
- We also aim to facilitate the development of a more reciprocal relationship between families with children with congenital anomalies, health and social care professionals and researchers by developing an online forum: “ConnectEpeople”.